SBK sportsbook is a sports betting platform making waves in the US thanks to its high-quality odds comparison tool pulling information from a betting exchange. The app is legal in Colorado and Indiana, offering great odds and unique features you can’t find on other platforms.
- Unique social media channel with tips from other players
- Great value for money sign-up bonus
- Backing from one of the top betting exchanges in the UK – Smarkets
- Excellent odds on various sports
- Access to several sports markets
- No ongoing promotions for existing players
- No live streaming service
In this review, we assess the software, betting options, sports markets, bonuses, registration process, and other app features. Thanks to its innovativeness, this is one of the few sports betting apps that offered more than we expected.
This doesn’t mean there aren’t areas that need improvement, but the pros far outweigh the cons. The app operates solely as a sportsbook app, so don’t get your hopes high for a 2-in-1 app featuring an online casino.
SBK Sportsbook App at a Glance
|SBK App promo code||No Promo Code for US Players|
|Welcome bonus||Deposit $10 Win $100 in Free Bets|
|Legal States||Colorado, Indiana|
|License||Indiana Gambling Commission, Colorado Division of Gaming|
|Land Based Partner||Full House Resorts|
|App Platforms||iOS (Apple App Store), Android (Google Play)|
|Requirements||$10 Min deposit, a 21-year minimum age requirement|
Since legal sports betting became a thing in 2018, there has been consistent growth in the number of sports bettors and sportsbook apps offering betting services. SBK is one of the few sportsbooks that operate in the country and has been active in Colorado since 2020.
It currently has licenses to operate in Colorado and Indiana, and in the near future, we expect to see the sports betting site launch its services in Iowa. Smarkets, the company behind SBK, is a renowned sport betting exchange that has been in operation since 2008. Relying on the excellent features of the betting exchange, SBK offers competitive odds with amazing juice and a great odds comparison tool to improve your betting experience. The SBK sportsbook has a partnership with Full House Resorts, a casino that acts as its land-based partner, so don’t expect to find other retail locations soon.
SBK Software and Mobile Sportsbook App
Players must download the SBK Sportsbook app to be able to bet on its competitive odds or engage in peer to peer sports betting. An online sportsbook is not currently available, so learning the ins and outs of the app is essential.
The SBK sports betting app has an excellent design that can seem overwhelming the first time you open it. Once you get used to the interface, it is one of the best you’ll find on any sports betting app. Smarkets is responsible for designing the app, and it has a fast response and outstanding performance regardless of the OS your device is running.
The app interface has five separate sections that make navigation on the app straightforward. You can open these sections through buttons at the bottom of your screen:
- Home: This section features information on upcoming events and quick access links to different categories. A top navigation menu allows you to cycle through the Popular, Tips, Live, and Parley menus.
- Browse: The browse section is where you find information on all sports markets present on the app. We have a section with a list of these markets later in this review.
- Funds: Sports betting isn’t possible without having money in your account. You can get an overview of your balance, lifetime deposits, payment option, and transaction history in this section.
- Open bets: When you place physical bets, you get a bet slip that you can use to track running bets. On the SBK betting app, the open bets section provides information on all your running bets.
- Account: Your profile, promotions, account settings, and help links are all available via the account section of the app.
Although a filter for sorting sports markets on the Browse section would be great, the option to pick a favorite sport by clicking on the star icon beside each sport makes it possible to find your preferred sports with ease. A search bar at the top helps you quickly discover events or people, so kudos to the developer for considering bettors during the app design.
Geolocation is a feature on the SBK betting app, and you’ll frequently get requests to enable this feature if you don’t do so when signing up. These requests pop up when you launch the app or visit your fund tab. You won’t be able to place a bet without enabling this feature.
Once you have all your settings in order, you can try to place a bet on SBK Sportsbook. First, you must deposit money into your account using one of the available payment options. You can then tap on any odds on an event to add it to your bet slip.
The bet slip appears like a bubble on the bottom right of the screen, with a number indicating how many bets you have picked. Tap on this bubble to see all your bets and decide on an amount to stake to place the bet.
If you go to the SBK website, you can find the various download options for iOS and Android devices. Don’t be in a rush to head there just yet; we will provide a detailed guide on how you can get the app with ease later.
One of the most remarkable features of the SBK betting app is the SBK Price+ feature. It is a feature that indicates if the odds on SBK are more favorable than what you’ll get on the following platforms:
If this doesn’t get you pumped, we must let you know about the mini social media – or the SBK social as we like to call it. This channel lets you follow players or view public profiles showcasing their bet slips. You can copy and adjust these bet slips for an easy setup. It is a great idea to find people that have an excellent track record of predicting the right outcomes to follow on the SBK social. Showcasing your own tips through this feature is also possible.
Although the app has excellent features, one thing that makes us worry is the difficulty in understanding the various sections. In addition to this problem, the operator has hidden the FAQ section in the accounts tab, whereas many other apps put a link at the end of every page.
Best SBK App Features
SBK is one of the few sports betting apps that offers several great features. The design is a push in the right direction from Smarkets, and this is a testament to their focus on keeping up with the latest advancements in technology. There are certain features that we love on this app, and some areas we’re sure can be improved.
- Live betting feature
- Competitive odds, especially for international sports
- Option to share tips with other bettors
- Data visualization and play-by-play on live betting
Things that Need Work
- Promotional offers
- More payment options for bettors in Indiana
- Improved bets options on home page
- Steep learning curve
SBK Promo Code and Offers
As sports bettors, we pride ourselves on our ability to find the best platforms with competitive odds and excellent sports markets. However, we’re primarily after amazing promos and offers – who doesn’t love a freebie? Free bets, welcome offers, and existing player promotions are some of the common offers we look out for when assessing various platforms, and the SBK welcome offer is one you shouldn’t overlook.
Deposit $10 Win $100 Free Bet
There is no SBK sports promo code available for players in the US, but you do get a welcome offer worth a $100 free bet when you sign up. All you need to do is make a qualifying deposit of $10 into your sportsbook account to claim the offer. The free bets expire in 90 days, so try out your favorite sport within this period.
You can place $10 bets minimum with the free bets, and the stake isn’t included in the winnings you receive. According to the operator, you can use the free bets on any event or odds. The SBK Sportsbook welcome bonus works as follows:
- Deposit $10 after you signed up through this page
- Claim your $100 risk-free bet
- Bet on any odds or events a single $100 free bet
- The free bet will disappear, but if you win you only need to wager the amount 1x.
- Continue betting with your real money bonus winnings or withdraw from SBK.
This is currently the only promotion available on SBK, but we will keep watching for other top promotions or bonus code from the operator and let you know.
How to Download the SBK Sportsbook App
As a mobile-only sportsbook, SBK offers both an iOS and Android app for download. The process for downloading and installing the app is the same as what you go through with other apps on your device, and we will provide a quick guide on how to get the app from reputable sources. The steps are easy to follow, so grab your mobile device and let’s get you the SBK mobile betting app app for free:
SBK iOS App
The SBK iOS app is available for download to bettors using an iOS device such as an iPad or iPhone. If you use an iPhone, you need to run the iOS 12.0 or later versions, while iPad owners need the iPadOS 12.0 or later. With free storage space of at least 73.2 MB, you can get the app for free by taking these steps:
- Visit the SBK official website. We know it can be stressful to type in the website into the address bar, so here is a link to the page you need to visit: https://getsbk.com/us/.
- The page has information on the welcome bonus and download buttons below. Click on the “Download on the App Store” button to visit the App Store and start your download.
- Click on the app icon on your home screen to launch the app once the download is complete.
This sportsbook app has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars on the App Store, with ratings from more than 600 users. Some of the most recent comments from other users indicate the fast and safe deposits on the app, excellent odds, and decent winnings.
SBK Android App
If you use an Android device, you’re not left out. There is an SBK Android app available for download – via multiple channels. To get the best out of this app, you must have a device running Android Lollipop (5.0) or better, and then take these steps:
- Quickly navigate to the SBK website at https://getsbk.com/us/.
- The app download buttons on the page are catchy, so you shouldn’t have issues finding them. One button is for the iOS app download, and two for the Android app.
- Click on the “Download SBK APK android” button and install the app. You may need to enable downloading from unknown sources for this to work.
- Once you install the app, you can launch it and create your sportsbook account.
With an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars on the Google Play Store, the SBK betting app has an average performance. However, you should note that this is the outcome of the aggregate of 496 ratings for an app with over 50,000 downloads. A common issue many players experience on the app is slow speed and frequent app freezing. The latest updates seem to have resolved the above.
To enjoy the services available via the SBK app, you must reside in Colorado or Indiana, the two states where the sportsbook is currently licensed. You also need to be 21 or above, which is the legal age for sports betting in these states.
Enabling geolocation is a must since this is the only way the app can determine if you’re in a location where it operates. Android users need Android 5.0 or better to run the app, while iOS users need iOS 12.0 or better.
SBK App Features
App registration, betting options, sports markets, payments, and customer support are essential features of any sports betting app. Thankfully, SBK does excellently in these areas.
In the sections that follow, we critically analyze each of these features of the SBK app to assure you that everything you find on the app is high-quality and has excellent performance. You’ll find information on how to complete your registration on the app, your betting options and sports markets available, payment methods available on SBK, and the various support channels you need while betting on the app.
SBK App Registration Process
Creating a sport betting account on SBK is easy. Although many sites like PointsBet, bet365 Sportsbook, and Betfair make it faster with the online registration option, SBK requires players to download the app to register.
- Launch the SBK Android app or SBK iOS app, then provide a valid email address. Click on the “Create Account” button to proceed.
- Create a unique password of at least eight characters and provide all the essential details on the following pages.
- You need to provide your name, country, state, address, and DOB. Other details such as your email, last 4 digits of Social Security Number, etc. will be required in the second form.
- You need to agree to specific terms and conditions to complete the account creation. These include confirmation that you’re above 21 years old, attesting that you’re not prohibited from gambling in any state, accepting that no other individual will use the account, and confirming that your information is accurate.
- The app allows you to set your preferences, such as push notifications and odds format.
- You need to grant the SBK mobile betting app access for the geolocation feature to determine if you’re in an area where SBK operates.
- You can choose to make your first deposit using the options available or proceed to the sportsbook.
If you have an SBK promo code, you can input this code on the page where you select your country and state. Once you complete the account creation process on your device, you will receive an email from SBK. This mail details the information you need to provide for KYC verification on the platform.
We understand that you want to try out the excellent sports betting feature on SBK sportsbook, but we recommend you take your time to go through the various terms and conditions of the operator.
Safety is one of the priorities of Smarkets, and they showcase this in the app. You can use two-factor authentication to secure the app, it supports biometrics, and there is SSL encryption to protect your information. The operator has a license from the Indiana Gambling Commission and Colorado Division of Gaming to ensure it operates within acceptable standards in those states.
Betting options on the SBK App
All sports betting apps need to provide several betting options to cater to the needs of various bettors. The more options you have, the better your chances of finding the right bet to get your next win.
SBK offers both simple and more advanced betting options, and you can find these options with ease when navigating through the app. You should understand that you need to have prior knowledge of these betting options since the app doesn’t feature a guide.
Drawing odds from the Smarkets betting exchange, the SBK lines are released early, and you can compare them with odds from other operators to be sure they are competitive.
Like every other sports betting site, there is juice on every bet you place on SBK. However, some sites have a higher juice than others. The juice or vig refers to the amount you need to pay to SBK for accepting your bet.
To assess the juice on SBK, we compare it with other top platforms like FanDuel Sportsbook and PointsBet Sportsbook. We use Moneyline odds on an NBA match between the Golden State Warriors and Dallas Mavericks for our comparison.
|Platform||Dallas Mavericks||Golden State Warriors||Total Implied Probability||Juice|
|SBK||-120 (54.55%)||+114 (46.73%)||101.28%||1.28%|
|FanDuel||-120 (54.55%)||+102 (49.50%)||104.05%||4.05%|
|PointsBet||-121 (54.75%)||+100 (50.00%)||104.75%||4.75%|
SBK offers the lowest Juice from our comparison, so you get the best profit on their platform for this wager. The SBK Price+ comes in handy when comparing the juice since it identifies bets on which the odds on SBK are the best.
To make the most of the low juice betting on SBK, here are the betting options you can find on the platform:
The Moneyline bet is the most prominent on the SBK app, appearing on all events visible on the home page. However, the app does support other popular bet types like the over/under totals and point spreads. You need to click on the “More” button on your preferred event to see these bets. One thing we would love to see from SBK is to provide the Moneyline, totals, and point spreads on the home page.
Future betting is among the popular categories to bet on SBK Sportsbook, due to their early lines release. Drawing from the vast experience of Smarkets, the book is one of the first US operators to release the lines of major upcoming events. Bettors in CO and IN should be able to get early in the game using this app over its competitors.
Who doesn’t love a good proposition bet? I know we do, and SBK provides a lot of proposition bets for you to wager on. Soccer, Basketball, Ice Hockey, and Tennis are some of the sports with prop bets on the sportsbook. You can pick a player to win at least one set in Tennis, a team to keep a clean sheet in soccer, and more.
Flash betting options are not yet available on SBK, but the in-play section it provides is outstanding. There is a live section on the homepage, opening a whole new world to interested players. The event coverage is massive, providing lucrative betting opportunities on any ongoing events across different markets.
If you love to bet while watching the events taking place live, SBK is a perfect option. Live streaming is not supported, as in-depth stats and 3D visualization of the events are there, supporting the in-play betting feature.
Early Cash Out
The cash-out feature on SBK enjoys a real-time update to ensure players get the best outcome when choosing to use this option. Cash out allows you to end a wager before the outcome, so you can retain a part of your stake if the bet doesn’t play out as predicted. It is an excellent feature that is crucial when live streaming matches since you get first-hand information that aids you in making quick decisions.
When using the cash-out feature, the Juice is often higher, but the possibility of limiting your losses far outweighs this issue.
Additional Betting Options
Live bets, Parlays, futures, Asian handicaps, series bets, and first half bets are some additional betting options on the SBK app.
Mobile App Live Streaming
Live streaming is an excellent addition for mobile bettors who are often on the move. SBK does excellently in so many crucial betting areas, so it is a massive disappointment that the live streaming feature isn’t available on the app.
Sports Markets Available on SBK Sportsbook
An extensive list of betting markets on the SBK sportsbook app makes it possible to try out the different betting options available on the app. If you’re an expert in a specific sport, you’ll find the right sport on the SBK sports list. You have access to both professional and college leagues, and you can find more information below:
- Australian Football
- Baseball (CPBL, KBO League, MLB)
- Basketball (NBA, Argentina LNB, Czech Republic NBL, Hungary Nb I, Italy Serie B, Poland PLK, Portugal LPB, Turkey Super Lig, WNBA, French Pro A, Greek A1, Italy Serie A2, Lithuanian LKL, Spanish Liga ACB)
- Current Affairs
- Darts (Modus Darts Online Live League, Premier League)
- Esports (CS:GO, League of Legends)
- Football (NFL)
- Greyhound Racing
- Handball (Austrian HLA Meisterliga, Danish Handboldligaen, French LNH Division 1, French LNH Proligue, German Bundesliga, Polish Superliga, Spanish Division De Honor Fem, Spanish Liga Asobal, Swedish Elitserian Women, Swedish Handbollsligan)
- Horse Racing
- Ice Hockey (NHL, World Championship)
- MMA (UFC)
- News and Politics (UK, Europe, USA, Rest of World)
- Rugby League (NRL, RFL Challenge Cup)
- Rugby Union (European Challenge Cup, European Rugby Champions Cup, Super Rugby)
- Soccer (UK, Europe, South America, North/Central America, Asia, Africa, UEFA Champions League, English Premier League, Italian Serie A, Italian Serie B, Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga, Spanish La Liga 2, Turkish 1. Lig, and more)
- TV and Specials
- Table Tennis
This sportsbook’s News and Politics section gives players a chance to place wagers on various political events from different parts of the world. For events in the US, the 2022 House and Senate Elections, 2022 Gubernatorial Elections, and 2024 Presidential Elections are some of the topics you can bet on.
Other obscure betting markets on the SBK app, such as the TV and Specials, give you a chance to stake on the Oscars, the next James Bond, Eurovision 2023 Host country, and more.
In terms of the odds, SBK offers one of the most competitive odds available on the market. This is partly due to the betting exchange market it works with, which allows the app to adjust its odds to stay competitive.
SBK Sportsbook Payment Methods
The SBK app supports several excellent banking methods that make it great for bettors. You can find options that allow $10 minimum deposits at no additional fee. The $10 minimum withdrawals are also great for everyone to enjoy. The table below provides a summary of the SBK payment methods:
|Payment Method||Deposit Fee||Deposit Transaction Speed||Withdrawal Fee||Withdrawal Transaction Speed||Deposit Limits||Withdrawal Limits|
|PayPal||No fee||Instant||No fee||1-2 business days||$20 min
|Skrill||No fee||Instant||No fee||1-2 business days||$10 min
$5,000 daily max
|Visa debit/credit card||No fee||Instant||No fee||30 mins||$10 min
|Online Banking||No fee||Instant||No fee||1-3 business days||$10 min
|Wire Transfer||No fee for more than $3,000 deposits, but $20 for less than $3,000||1-2 business days||No fee||1-2 business days||$100 min
Fast Access Funding support by banks is necessary for withdrawals using Visa debit/credit cards.
The app supports only Wire Transfer and Skrill for payments for bettors in Indiana.
SBK is licensed to operate in two states in the US. It is licensed in Colorado by the Colorado Division of Gaming with reference number 90034372 and has its second license from the Indiana Gaming Commission.
Its services are safe and secure, and it performs excellently when it comes to payments.
The SBK app has come a long way from its early days, and you’ll surely love what you see on the app. However, this doesn’t mean it’s immune to problems, which is why there are several support channels available on the app. If you have issues with payments, placing bets, or activating the geolocation feature on the app, then you can contact support via:
- Phone: 720-213-6164
- Email: email@example.com
- 24/7 Live chat
You can find the 24/7 live chat by heading to the “Account” tab on your app and selecting the “Live chat with customer support” option from the list that appears. This launches a new live chat session that automatically closes after seven minutes of inactivity.
For bettors that prefer voice communication, you can place a call to the number above. However, this phone line is only active from 09:00 to 00:00 UK Time. The last option is the email option.
Compose a mail with your inquiries and send it to the address above. If you want to get more information while you wait for a response, you can head over to the comprehensive FAQ section on the app.
This is accessible by clicking the “Help Center” option on the Account tab. When using the email, phone, or 24/7 live chat option, you can request deposit limits, account restrictions, or help resolving geolocation issues on the app.
You can also become a part of the SBK social community by following the official Facebook and Twitter accounts:
- Facebook: @SBK.bet
- Twitter: @sbk
Smarkets Background and Launch of SBK Sportsbook in the US
The history of SBK is tightly connected to the history of Smarkets, so we will provide a quick summary of some of the milestones of the company over the years:
- January 2008: Jason Trost and Hunter Morris begin the programming of the exchange platform.
- August 2009: An early version of Smarkets launches as an invite-only platform.
- February 2010: The Smarkets platform opens for public trading.
- December 2010: Smarkets receives the recognition of the Wall Street Journal Europe, earning a spot on the top 10 young European companies.
- February 2011: Horse Racing becomes official on Smarkets.
- May 2011: With the help of Passion Capital, Smarkets raises funds worth $1 million.
- November 2011: A milestone for Smarkets as it crosses the £50 million line in total lifetime trades.
- February 2013: Passion Capital and T-venture come together for another funding round.
- July 2013: Smarkets unveils a new brand identity and other excellent features.
- December 2013: An Android app is launched.
- January 2014: The launch of the Smarkets zero-delay management system.
- April 2014: Smarkets exceeds £500m in total lifetime trades and launches the Smarkets affiliates.
- August 2014: Addition of 11 currencies to the Smarkets offerings.
- March 2015: Smarkets surpasses £1 billion total lifetime trades after a very successful Cheltenham Festival.
- August 2015: Partnership with Queens Park Rangers.
- December 2015: Smarkets moves to a new HQ in the St Katherine docks.
- November 2016: Smarkets takes a spot on the Deloitte Fast 50 ranking as the fourth place.
- February 2017: Smarkets crosses into the US markets and picks Los Angeles to set up its first office in the US.
- March 2017: The first Smarkets mobile app launched on Android and iOS devices.
- April 2017: The inaugural Financial Times FT1000 ranking places Smarkets as 25th.
- September 2017: In addition to making the list of the WIRED Magazine 10 hottest startups, Smarkets occupies the second spot on the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
- January 2018: Smarkets partners with the Jockey Club, a major sponsorship deal that sees Smarkets unveil a new brand to complement the partnership.
- March 2018: Partnerships with Squawka and Oddschecker to improve the brand awareness.
- April 2018: Smarkets records £57.4m in trades on the Grand National.
- July 2018: Smarkets records a £415m trade volume across its World Cup markets.
- September 2019: Smarkets finalizes and announces a partnership that will see it provide sports betting in the US, starting with Colorado and Indiana.
- June 2020: Smarkets finally launches SBK to Colorado bettors.
- March 2021: Smarkets records more than £200 million in trades on the Cheltenham Festival.
Final Thoughts on the SBK App
SBK is an excellent sports betting app with high-quality features worth downloading. It offers highly competitive odds with easy access to over 20 sports markets.
A significant benefit of this app is the SBK Price+, which assists in comparing odds from various other sportsbooks to let you know where the SBK odds stand. You also enjoy excellent customer support and a sign-up bonus for new customers. Live betting is available, with safe and secure payment options.
If you want to get some of the best odds on your favorite sports, then you should register on the SBK app and try it out. What do you have to lose? There is a $100 free bet bonus for your first $10 deposit (1000% match value) on the line if you choose to overlook this app.
Is the SBK sportsbook app legit?
Yes, the app is legit. It has licenses from the Indiana Gambling Commission and the Colorado Division of Gaming with 128-bit encryption technology and advanced firewalls. The comments on the App Store and Google Play Store are mixed, with some users hailing the app and others identifying areas that can be improved. It has an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 from both stores.
What SBK sports can you bet on with the app?
You can bet on several sports, including Football, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Ice Hockey, Horse Racing, Tennis, and more.
Does SBK offer a free bet?
Yes, you get a $100 free bet for a $10 first deposit.
Can you bet on mobile with SBK?
Yes, you can bet on mobile via the iOS or Android app.
Which is the company behind SBK?
Smarkets is the company behind the SBK sportsbook with a US office address at 527 W. 7th Street, Suite 601, Los Angeles, California.
Which are the states that I can bet with the SBK app in?
SBK is currently available in Colorado and Indiana only. The great news is that the sportsbook will be launching in Iowa soon with approval from the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission already available.
What are the SBK app customer service options?
You can connect with the customer service team via live chat, email, and phone.
Can I deposit at SBK with PayPal?
Yes, you can. The app supports a $20 minimum deposit on PayPal.
How to withdraw funds from the SBK app?
To withdraw funds from the app, you can use PayPal, Skrill, Online banking, Wire transfer, and Visa debit/credit cards.