FOX Bet is a top online sportsbook developed from a collaboration between The Stars Group and Fox Sports. This was in September 2018, but it was not until August 2019 before it officially rebranded as FOX Bet. Now, it has expanded its services to numerous states in the US, including Colorado, New Jersey, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
- Various more perks following its 2018 rebranding
- Average odds, but certain arbitrage opportunities
- Easy to use mobile app
- Numerous ongoing promotions available, often linked to Fox TV Stars
- Interactive Twitter competitions and events
- Great range of sports and betting markets
- Reduced juice on college sports
- App sometimes lags, reloads, and/or crashes
- Geolocation problems
- Currently live in a handful of states
- No live chat
The sportsbook covers a variety of sports, including Boxing, Golf, Baseball, Rugby, etc. It also offers numerous betting markets like Point Spreads, Moneylines, Round Robins, and many more. You can get all of these on the online sportsbook alongside the fully functional FOX Bet app. This is available for play on both Android and IOS-powered devices.
Our focus in this guide will be the FOX Bet app as we extensively review it so you can determine if it is right for you. Overall, we had a great experience and were pleased with what the app offered. It combines a sportsbook and online casino, allowing you to get a complete experience on one platform. However, we did notice a few downsides and would like you to make your own choice by reading this review.
Therefore, this review will cover how to sign up on the Fox Bet App, the welcome bonus offer, the available sports, betting markets, etc.
If we compare FOX Bet to main competitors BetMGM and DraftKings, it comes up very short and we would recommend you look at one of these apps instead.
FOX Bet Sportsbook App at a Glance
|FOX Bet App promo code||No FOXBet app promo code required|
|Welcome bonus||Risk-free bet of up to $500|
|Legal States||Colorado, New Jersey, Michigan, Pennsylvania|
|License||Colorado Division of Gaming (CDOR), New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NDGE), Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB), Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB)|
|Land-Based Partner||Lady Luck Casino, Resorts AC, Odawa Casino Resort, Mount Airy|
|App Platforms||iOS (Apple App Store), Android (Google Play), Web Browser, Mobile Browser|
|Requirements||$10 min deposit, 21+, and located in one of the legal states (not required to be a resident)|
As mentioned earlier, FOX Bet was developed from a collaboration between The Stars Group and Fox Sports. The two parties entered this partnership to spread their services across the US online gambling market. Since the Stars Group already had a sportsbook named BetStars, it was able to channel the same experience to FOX Bet.
The partners stuck with BetStars sportsbook during the early parts of their transition, which first kicked off in New Jersey. This was on September 13th, and it did so by collaborating with Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City as its physical partner. In August 2018, The Stars Group and Resorts signed a deal to add mobile sports betting to their offerings. This move caused BetStars sportsbook to be rebranded into Fox Bet in August 2019.
Shortly after this, it kicked off an online sportsbook in Pennsylvania on September 4th, 2019. It achieved this in partnership with the Mount Airy Casino situated in Pocono. In May 2020, it established a sportsbook in Colorado in a partnership with Eldorado, while in January 2021, it broke into the Michigan market. This was possible via a partnership with the Odawa Casino Resort.
It operates via the FOX Bet online sportsbook, betting app, and retail locations in its legal states. However, this is except for Colorado, where its sportsbook is strictly online. Here are some of the main things to know about the FOX Bet sportsbook app:
- Players from MI, PA, and NJ can access PokerStars Casino and PokerStars Poker via their FOX Bet sports app account
- Players in NJ can’t place bets on college games with New Jersey teams
- Markets and bet types on offer differ depending on the state
FOX Bet Software and Mobile Sportsbook App
The FOX Bet sports app is available on both IOS and Android devices. You can download your preferred option from the respective store. The design is excellent since it is almost a replica of the sportsbook version, save for a smaller screen. It uses the same color mix of blue, yellow, and a white background that is not excessively bright. This ensures that you can play for long hours without any issues.
The FOXBet app is swift and loads in seconds so long as your network is up to the mark. You can find a list of the popular sports above the home page, and since it is a smaller screen, you will have to slide right to view the complete list. This is not particularly inconvenient and works without issues since the app is highly responsive to touch.
Betting markets are one of the first things you see, and for convenience, they have been grouped into tabs. You can find the popular games, live betting markets, parlays, and boosts by tapping the associated tab. Once you click an option, you immediately get a list of the trending bets for that category alongside the odds. If you click on a sport, like the NBA, you will instantly see the various events holding and the sports betting market options available. These range from Spreads, Total Points, and Moneylines.
Making a bet is very easy, as you just need to select an event and tap on a wager. Once you do this, you can either place your bets or create a parlay bet. If you are satisfied, you can go ahead and place your bet or clear the bet slip by simply tapping the button. One great thing about the FOX Bet Sportsbook is that the developers are constantly releasing updates to correct any bugs. To date, there have been more than 20 version updates to ensure you get a fantastic experience, with the last update pushed out just last month. You should not expect any issues with the software, and if there are, you can rely on the team to correct them fast.
The device requirements for downloading the app are not complex like most online sportsbooks. Your Android device needs to be on Android 5.0 and above, while IOS devices need to be on OS 11.0 or later. The app also features a how-to section that covers the basics for new players to sports betting. This is impressive since it allows players to get up to speed and start betting on their favorite sports.
However, the constant reloading was one problem or slight inconvenience we observed with the app. This tends to happen when you leave the app for a few minutes. It is almost impossible to begin from where you stopped, as the app would have refreshed before you arrived. Also, the app may sometimes have issues verifying your location even after giving it the required permissions. This can be frustrating for US players as you can’t play on this sportsbook without verifying your location.
Best FOX Bet App Features
The following are a few of the best features in the FOXBet app:
- How-to Guides: This is akin to a training camp that teaches players the basic of sports betting. Here, you will learn how to wager at FOX Bet, Sports FAQs, various bet types, and many more. New players can get up to speed in minutes with the information provided here.
- Cash Out Feature: With this feature, you don’t have to wait till the event ends before you can withdraw your winnings. This is particularly handy if your team is presently in the lead, but you are uncertain about the match’s outcome.
- Live Betting Feature: The live bets feature allows you to bet on an ongoing event. For instance, you can place a bet on the next goalscorer or final score of a football match.
- Odds and Juice: Although the Fox Bet odds are standard, along the competitors’ lines, there is reduced juice for betting on local teams.
- 4x Welcome Offers: The Fox Bet app might require different new account registrations per state, but it will also award four times the $500 risk-free bet. So, if you got some free time, why not move from PA, CO, NJ, and MI to claim up to a total of $2,000 risk free bets with the mobile app? Still, if you have an NJ PokerStars account already, you don’t need to create separate logins for the Fox Bet NJ betting app.
Things that Need Work
The FOX Bet online sportsbook is not without a few issues. Here are some of the ones we experienced using the app.
- Geolocation Issues: The FOX Bet app had problems verifying our location when we tried it. This is a major problem because, without verification, you will be unable to sign up or log in to your FOX Bet account. There is already a section on the FAQs page addressing this, but it did not seem to help much. Luckily, we were eventually able to get in, and we believe this will be addressed in the next update.
- Constant Reconnection: Leave the app for a few minutes or seconds, and it will have to reconnect when you open it again. This is not a significant problem, but it can be highly inconvenient.
- Occasional Slow Speed: Although the mobile app is generally fast, some pages tend to be slow. This is common in pages with numerous images or excess information.
- State Restrictions: The total offerings on Fox Bet app are great, but they are not universal across its live states. For instance, the NJ betting app does not accept college wagers, while the PA betting app is limited to sports betting events and not current events. Banking and betting options also slightly vary between the CO betting app and the Fox Bet MI sports app.
FOX Bet Promo Code and Offers
There are numerous FOX Bet Sportsbook promo code offers, including a risk-free bet welcome offer, Parlay bonuses, Refer a friend bonus, odds boosts, free bet offers, and many more. Below, we will be covering these offers in more detail.
$500 Risk-Free Bet
This is a welcome offer that applies to new players on the FOX Bet sports app. Once you register, opt-in, deposit, and place your first bet, you will be refunded a free bet of up to $500. Stakes need to be placed on odds of -200 or longer to be eligible within seven days of signing up. Also, if you fail to use the free bets within seven days, you lose it. The free bet comes with a 1x wagering requirement which you must complete before the allocated seven days. The best part of this bonus is that anyone can claim it without the need for a promo code.
Asides from the lucrative welcome offer, FOX Bet has tons of other promos for existing players. These promos tend to change over time, but some of the current sports betting offers include:
- VIP Program: Every FOX Bet app user is qualified to partake in the VIP rewards program. As you make a real money wager, you amass Stars points. Once the points are enough, you will unlock different chests, which are also the loyalty levels. There are six chests consisting of various free bet amounts. To progress up the levels or chests, you will need to win ten rewards.
- Parlay Bonuses: You get a cash bonus when you place a parlay bet consisting of 4 legs or more via this parlay betting app. You get paid if all the legs in your bonus win. Parlays must be placed on FOX Bet’s odds of -200 or longer, and the maximum bonus for each customer is $10,000 daily. You will be unable to withdraw the cash earned from the bonus but can withdraw any winnings from it (bonus is sticky). Like the welcome offer, you have seven days to use this bonus.
- Refer A Friend Bonus: Get $25 when you refer a friend to FOX Bet by getting them to register using your unique referral link. The referrals need to deposit at least $10 or more and place a bet on any Sports market. What’s more, the bets must be settled within 14 days after they sign up on the online sports betting platform. Every player is limited to 10 referrals which places the maximum bonus at $250.
- Tuesday Fan Decided Super Boost: Follow the FOX Bet Sportsbook Twitter page @FOXBET. Every Tuesday from 10-30AM ET, you will have the chance to vote for the Super odds boosts you want to bet on. The winner is announced from 1:30 PM ET, and if your Super Boost wins, it will be provided on the homepage so you can bet.
- Friday Happy Hour: Every Friday, you will get exclusive Super Boosts for 20 minutes between 5:01 PM ET to 6 PM ET. All you need to do is turn on the notifications on your FOX Bet app and keep your eyes peeled.
- Free Bet Friday: Follow the FOX Bet Twitter page @FOXBET, answer a question on its tweet, and retweet the promotions page. This will give you the chance to win $100 in free bet starting from 8 AM! Winners are announced within 72 hours.
- Bet Boost Offers: Here, the FOX Bet sports app offers increased odds boosts for specific events meaning a more significant payout! The maximum wagers differ depending on the selection and event.
- TV Personalities Offers: Rachel, Wright, Sal, Colin, Clay Travis, Colin, and Charissa Thompson are a few of the TV hosts of Fox that have been tied with specific promotions running on the app.
How to Download the FOX Bet Sportsbook App
Downloading the FOX Bet app is very simple and does not require complex steps. The apps are similar on both Android and IOS devices, so you can be sure of the same offerings regardless of your choice. Below, we have curated a step-by-step guide to downloading the app on your device.
FOX Bet iOS App
You can download the FOX Bet app on any IOS device with OS 11.0 or above. If you want to install it on your MAC, it needs a macOS 11.0 or later and an Apple M1 chip. Note that the app is over 265MB, so make sure you have enough space. Once you have these handy, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Head to the Apple Store and search for the FOX Bet sportsbook app
- Step 2: Click on the “Get” button
- Step 3: Confirm the installation and wait till it’s done
- Step 4: Go to your home screen and click on the app
FOX Bet Android App
To download the FOXBet app on Android, you need to have an Android device with version 5.0 and above. Also, note that you will require around 132MB of space, so make sure this is available before you proceed. Once you are ready, use these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Google Play Store and search for the FOX Bet sportsbook
- Step 2: Click on the “Download” button
- Step 3: Confirm the download and wait till it’s done
- Step 4: Head to your home screen and click on the app to open
Previously, Android users would need to download the Fox Bet apk file from the official website. Only recently Google Play Store accommodates sports betting apps, which makes the overall process of downloading and installing the Fox Bet Android app smoother and faster.
The FOX Bet app is only for players that are 21 years and above. They also need to be situated in any legal states, which are New Jersey, Michigan, Pennsylvania, or Colorado. Players who want to download on IOS devices must ensure it has OS 11.0 or above and 265MB of disk space, while those who want to install on Android must have version 5.0 and around 132MB of space.
FOX Bet App Registration Process
Registering on the FOX Bet App is easy with just the tap of a single button. The entire process can be completed in 5 minutes or less if you know how to go about it. If you already have an account with the sportsbook, FOX Bet has made it easy to use the same account to log into the app.
This is as opposed to creating a new account from scratch. Note that the FOX Bet sportsbook app will verify your location before allowing you to sign up. If it cannot do this, it will be impossible to progress past this point. Make sure you give the app permission to access your location, especially when using an Android device. This is not unreasonable, since it aligns with US sports betting laws, and can be done by altering your geolocation settings on your cell.
Once this is done, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Find your way to the FOX Bet website at https://foxbet.com or open the app. You can also download the app through the website directly for ease.
- Step 2: Hit the “Join” button at the top right of the screen
- Step 3: You will be directed to a page to input your username, email, and password. Fill these in and hit the continue button.
- Step 4: Next, tick the fields to consent to special offers and confirm your age. Hit the “create account” button when done.
- Step 5: At this point, your user account will be created, and a login email will be sent to you. But you will first need to provide additional information first. These will range from your full name, DOB, phone number, and last four digits of your SSN. You will also have to input your address and choose your security questions.
- Step 6: Finally, accept the terms and submit the form. If the information is accurate, you will be instantly directed to the betting page.
Don’t worry about inputting your details to the Fox Bet football betting app since it is secure with recent SSL encryption. Your details are safe and will not fall into the hands of unauthorized third parties.
How to Bet with FOX Bet App
FOX Bet offers a variety of betting options. You will find both simple and advanced betting options to suit various players. Overall, we are pleased with the multiple options available.
To help you better understand, here’s a list of some options available on the FOX Bet app:
- Money lines
- Total Goals
- Goal Spreads
- MMA Fight winner
- Top Goal Scorer
Below, we have covered the most common categories you will find in the FOX Bet app and what they entail. And in case you are wondering, the selection of bets is identical through the app, mobile browser, or via the online book. Your bet slip operates slightly differently on the app though. After you tap on an event, it will be added on your slip; then you can continue and place a single bet or you can continue adding events or matches to turn your bet into a parlay or round robin. To remove a bet from your bet slip, simply tap on it.
The popular bets are found on the homepage of the FOX Bet app. These have been appropriately categorized, and you will find options like spreads, moneylines, over/under, and total points. These bets apply to the NBA, Basketball, Tennis, Soccer, Hockey, and MMA. You can click on a specific game to show the list of events available in its market. Once you click on a sports event, it will show you the available events you can wager on that sport. Underneath each betting event, you will find the total number of bets. So, for instance, if you click on the NBA, you will be shown a list of NBA match events and the number of wagers so far under each match. To find more bet options, simply click that number, and you will be redirected to another page showing the available events and bet options.
Prop bets are those that don’t have anything to do with the game’s outcome. FOX Bet offers a variety of prop bets which are available on Basketball. You can make prop bets on player points, player assists, player steals, and many more. Prop bets are also available on soccer, NFL, etc.
The FOX Bet offers one of the best cash out apps you can find. The cash out feature lets you cash out your bet before the end of the game. This is ideal in cases where you don’t feel your backed team will win even though they presently have the upper hand. With the cash out feature offered by FOX Bet, you can view an event in real-time and cash out when you think it’s right. If you opt to use this option, you won’t get as much profit on the bet, but it helps ensure you don’t lose your entire stake if the match does not go as planned.
Additional Betting Options
Asides from the common bets we have covered, there are many additional betting options available on FOX Bet, including:
- Parlays Teasers: These are a variation of parlay bets that allow you to alter your totals or spreads for an improved chance of winning. Like parlays, they consist of more than one game and cost more depending on the number of points you move.
- Multibets: Multibets are bets that let you pick single wagers and merge them into a single bet. You must win every leg for your bet to win. In some cases, they can be named parlay combo or accumulator bets. They go by Multibets on Fox Bet though.
- Live bet: This bet type lets you wager on a game live after the game has started. It is also known as in-game betting, and the odds tend to change depending on what is happening in the game. This offers players fun, flexibility, and entertainment. The good news is Fox Bet app updates lines and odds very quickly, offering a solid and effective live betting experience. If you try to submit a live bet while the odds changed, you will receive an app notification which is great.
Other types of bets available on FOX Bet include:
- Custom bets
To our disappointment, Fox Bet does not provide teaser bets, but a points buying system that operates in a similar fashion. Nonetheless, the seamless app interface compensates for this, providing a quick and convenient way to place bets on Fox Bet. A few interesting betting options unique to this app include Puck line win, top scorer, first touchdown, NFL safety, MLB strikeout, and more.
FOX Bet Mobile App Live Streaming
Unfortunately, you can’t stream matches live on the FOX Sports app or sportsbook. This is a significant drawback as many leading online sportsbooks like BetMGM and FanDuel tend to offer a live streaming service. Fortunately, the app highlights the channels to watch certain sports events. This can help you save time since you don’t have to search anymore. Hopefully, FOX Bet will include this feature later in the future, by striking some new deals.
Sports Markets Available on FOX Bet Mobile App
FOX Bet offers a variety of sports markets for you to bet on. We mainly found this aspect impressive as you will find a decent list of college sports and leagues from all over the world. The sports available to bet on tend to change, affecting promos. For instance, you may find a boosted odd available for a specific sport, while it may be unavailable the next month. Like many sportsbooks, you will find more categories in some sports than others. Here’s a list of some of the sports markets available:
- UFC 272
- Motor Sports
Whether you want a reliable NFL betting app or UFC betting app, you will surely be pleased with FOX Bet. Despite Fox Bet being legal in a few states currently, it covers an equal amount of markets to the largest US betting sites, such as Caesars and FanDuel sportsbooks. There are a few app restrictions when it comes to college betting from distinct states, but overall the app has a great market coverage, which is updated regularly. Keep in mind that you can also bet on international events through Fox Bet sportsbook, such as UEFA and EPL.
FOX Bet Sportsbook Payment Methods
FOX Bet Sportsbook has a variety of payment methods available for players in NJ, MI, CO, and PA. You can be sure of the safety of your transactions in these states since the online sports betting platform is fully licensed. The minimum deposit is $10 regardless of the option you choose, but there is no limit advertised on the FOX Bet site.
Moreover, the processing is instant and there is no fee attached when making deposits. There is also a minimum of $10 attached to withdrawals using all withdrawal methods, while processing depends on your option. Instant eChecks take between 3 – 10 days, while payments processed via PayPal and Skrill take 1 hour. Fox Bet deposits and withdrawals do not vary on the app, with the same options and processing details being identical.
- PokerStars Play+ Card
- Bank Transfer
- Resorts Casino Cage
- ACH or e-check
- PokerStars Play+ Card
- Bank Transfer
- Resorts Cage
There are instances when you may experience issues with the FOX Bet app. This could be a result of Geolocation problems, or your app just needs troubleshooting. The support team can also help with account restrictions and are available to help 24/7. If you are in a bind and require help, click on the account button by the lower-left corner of the app, and select help. Here, you will get the option to either use the help center or reach out to support. Let’s look at how each of them works:
- Help Center: This is like the typical FAQs page but more extensive. Here, you will find answers to most problems, including Geolocation problems and other troubleshooting issues.
- Contact Support Form: With this option, you will fill in your query and send it to the support team for help.
Final Thoughts on FOX Bet App
FOX Bet app is one with a lot to offer. Starting from the easy-to-use mobile app to the profitable sign-up bonus of up to $500 risk-free bet and a range of sports markets and bet options, you are sure of an amazing experience. Even though it has a few downsides, they do not outweigh the benefits you enjoy. Sign up on FOX Bet using our page links for a chance to enjoy all these fantastic benefits. Hopefully, you will find the integration of Fox into the sports betting app as fun as we did.
Is the FOX Bet sportsbook app legit?
Yes, the FOX Bet is a legal sports betting app since two reputable companies developed it. The app is also properly licensed in NJ, PA, MI, and CO and uses recent security protocols. Lastly, it has a 4.2 rating on the Google store from over 800 users, while the Apple App has a 4.5 rating from over 6500 users. All of these make the FOX Bet Sportsbook safe and legit, as its partnership with physical casinos and licenses from the respective state authorities.
What FOX Bet sports can you bet on with the app?
You can bet on various sports with the FOX Bet app, including Basketball, Soccer, NFL, Motor Sports, Boxing, and many more.
Do you need a separate account for the FOX Bet app and sportsbook?
No, you don’t. You can use the exact details to log into the FOX Bet app and sportsbook.
Does FOX Bet offer a free bet?
Yes, FOX Bet offers up to $500 risk-free bet to new players as a welcome bonus. It also provides players with up to $100 in free bets every Friday as part of its promo offer.
Can you bet on mobile with FOX Bet?
Yes, you can bet on both your IOS and Android-powered mobile devices with the FOX Bet app. It is easy to use and allows for seamless betting.
Which is the company behind FOX Bet?
FOX Bet was formed in a partnership between FOX Sports and The Stars Group.
Which states can I bet with the FOX Bet app in?
FOX Bet is legal in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Michigan, its most recent launch. There are plans for the app to be made available in New York, Maryland, and Louisiana in 2022.
Are there FOX Bet app customer service options?
Yes, you will find an extensive FAQs page and a contact form. However, you will be unable to use the live chat feature on the FOX Bet app.
Can I deposit at FOX Bet with PayPal?
Yes, you can deposit money into your FOX Bet account with PayPal. Deposits using this method are processed instantly, starting at $10.
How to withdraw funds from the FOX Bet app?
Make sure you have at least $10, as this is the minimum amount. Then hit the account icon at the lower right of the app and select withdraw. Choose one of the available options, input your withdrawal amount and wait for the funds to land.