With competitive odds, a sleek design, and a 2-for-1 welcome bonus, the entertainment and lifestyle magazine brand, Maxim, is trying to wedge its way into the budding sports betting industry.
- Operated by a prominent group, with clear plans for expansion
- User friendly app, with unique design
- Sharp odds
- No same-game parlays
- Lack of a loyalty program
- Welcome free bets limits players ability to bet back-to-back
- Limited state availability
- MaximBet app not in Google Play yet
Formerly sportsbetting.com, which launched in the fall of 2020, months after Colorado became the 19th state to vote yes, the recently rebranded MaximBet, operates both online and through mobile as one of 26 mobile sports betting apps vying for a piece of that Rocky Mountain revenue. The aesthetically pleasing and highly intuitive MaximBet sportsbook app will soon appear in Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, Louisiana, Ohio, and Ontario. The new platform plans to open online casinos in New Jersey, Ontario, and Pennsylvania for those looking to get those chips stacking high.
For those in Colorado, below is a comprehensive MaximBet review, touching on user experience, sports covered, bet types, and how to deposit on MaximBet, which should answer any questions you may have on how MaximBet holds up against the major players like Caesars, DraftKings or FanDuel.
For the short and sweet of it, a FAQ section has been included at the bottom.
MaximBet Sportsbook App at a Glance
|Maxim App promo code||Automatically applies on the first bet|
|Welcome bonus||Risk-free first bet up to $500|
|License||Colorado Division of Gaming (CDG)|
|Land-based Partner||Johnny Nolon’s Casino in Cripple Creek, CO|
|App Platforms||iOS (Apple App Store), Android, Web Browser, Mobile Browser|
|Requirements||$10 minimum deposit. Must be 21 years old.|
In September of 2021, the Carousel Group company inked a deal with the White Mountain Apache Tribe in Arizona to bring MaximBet promotions further west eventually. Still, it has yet to make its official list.
Starting with servicing the Colorado community, which legalized sports betting in May of 2020, MaximBet, a Carousel Group collaboration, aims to provide an immersive entertainment experience, including the best online betting and the coolest real-world Maxim lifestyle experiences. The Carousel Group owns numerous European subsidiaries and hopes to convert Maxim’s nine million monthly subscribers into online sportsbook users in part by providing opportunities to attend exclusive parties, rub shoulders with celebrities, and receive premium swag from some of the best brands.
MaximBet operates in partnership with Johnny Nolon’s Casino in Cripple Creek, CO, one of 17 brick-and-mortar Colorado casinos with sportsbooks. Backed by the Colorado Division of Gaming, the MaximBet sportsbook app uses encryption technology and top-quality data security methods to make deposits fast, keep bettors safe, and abide by responsible gaming practices. The site accepts Visa, Mastercard, Instant Bank Transfer, and Skrill, with more options on the way.
iPhone app users outside of the Centennial State who want to see what a MaximBet app is all about can get a taste by downloading MaximBet Play, a separate app where sports fans can make prop bet-style free guesses and earn real prizes. It’s a fun way to stay up to date with some of the more popular contests coming up. Users can either log in with their MaximBet account or sign-up using Google or Facebook.
Main things to know about MaximBet:
- Generous welcome bonus
- Currently only available in Colorado
- Partnered with all the right people
- Looking to merge sports betting with the Maxim magazine lifestyle
- Wide variety of sports and betting options
- Committed to offering more competitive lines
- Plenty of promos for existing players
MaximBet Software and Mobile Sportsbook App
Despite being new to the sportsbetting scene, MaximBet has hit the ground running.
While the well-polished layout may be consistent with other online sportsbooks (some listing on the main page, most across the top, and all in the drop-down menu), new users will notice MaximBet’s rich text, accented by a pink and teal color scheme that complements the white space that plagues some other mobile sportsbooks like BetMGM and PointsBet.
Even if you’re new to mobile sports betting, using the software is a breeze. Along with quick load times, the MaximBet sportsbook also features popular and recently viewed sections that make for even faster navigation. MaximBet uses similar technology to top competitors, which gives them equal functionality and the same or better odds than competing books.
The MaximBet app is slightly scaled back for functionality purposes, but all the bells and whistles can still be found neatly tucked away in the collapsible side menu in the left corner. Mobile betting users will notice the three small white lines indicating where to click for the drop-down list.
The most popular ongoing events are front and center, with a convenient coming-up section below. The app places a few important links along the top of the screen to help you find other sports or browse promos.
The MaximBet app has just a 3.3/5 rating on the app store due to the occasional old complaint of some clunky operating. That is expected with any mobile sports betting app trying to fit so much into such a little space. The developers have made six updates to the app in the last year, addressing most of the issues, and are still going at it.
Best MaximBet App Features
- 2-for-1 welcome bonus
- Sharp odds
- Easy to navigate
Things that Need Work
- No same game parlays
- Lack of loyalty program
- Limited deposit methods
MaximBet Promo Code and Offers
The sportsbook releases new and engaging promos consistently. To lock in those MaximBet deals, bettors can view current offerings by opening the promo menu identified by an icon at the top or listed as part of the side menu. Users will be greeted with various chances to win free bet credits or acquire partial or full bet insurances for multiple sports. Promos can’t be combined (can’t use free bets for other promos). No MaximBet promo codes are required. Since there is no MaximBet promo code, the only way to claim a bonus is through depositing or meeting all the betting requirements. Other terms and conditions may apply.
New users will want to pay particular attention to the MaximBet bonus offers below, which can be claimed if you join the site or download the app through our links.
$1000 Deposit Bonus
It’s rare these days to see a 2-for-1 welcome bonus or reload bonus; MaximBet is giving new users both. Along with a risk-free first bet, MaximBet is offering new users a generous 100% deposit match on their first four deposits up to $1000. To participate in the deposit bonus, bettors need to go to maximbet.com, sign up, and make a deposit of at least $10. Free bets will be credited to the player’s balance within 72 hours, and the credits will be activated immediately. Be sure to read the fine print before making any money moves. The terms and conditions often vary widely from deal to deal, which we explain in the case of the MaximBet free bet here.
The first deposit match is up to $500 in free bet credits. Make a second deposit within 8-14 days of your first deposit and receive up to $250 in credits. Make a third installment within 15-21 days of your first deposit and get up to $125 back in free bet. Load up your account a fourth time within 22-28 days of your first deposit and receive up to $125 again.
- Week 1 – 100% deposit match up to $500
- Week 2 – 100% deposit match up to $250
- Week 3 – 100% deposit match up to $125
- Week 4 – 100% deposit match up to $125
All free bet credits need to be wagered within seven days after being credited; otherwise, they will expire. To be eligible to receive the 100% from your second deposit and onward, you need to have bet at least once entirely through your previous deposit. Must also wager any free bets 1x before being able to withdraw.
Welcome Free Bets Terms and Conditions
The first part of the MaximBet sportsbook welcome bonus is a risk-free bet up to $500. New customers who make a minimum first bet of at least $10 will be refunded up to $500 in bonus money. Bets may not be cashed out before the wager is settled. Losing wagers will be added in credits within 24 hours and require just one playthrough to unlock to be used freely. MaximBet bonus credits can only be used to place bets at odds of -200 or higher (e.g., -400, -500, -1000). Any free bets used will not be included in the payout. Credits will be valid for seven days (same for ongoing promos below).
Aside from the new MaximBet players, those that return to this well-designed app after the first four free bets can also benefit from several offers:
- It’s Over – Place a $10 bet on select NBA game total points over, get a $1 in free bet credits for every point above the number up to $25. Odds of the qualifying bet at the time of placing the bet must be -200.
- 3-Point Play – Bet at least $20 on NBA total points player prop, and if your bet loses, get $3 in free credits for every 3-pointer he makes up to $15. This MaximBet promo is not valid for in play betting and only applies to single bets.
- Survive and Advance – $10 in free bets the day after placing at least a $50 wager on the first of any back-to-back NCAA tournament days. The minimum odds of the bet must be -500, while the free bets for this promo expire after 24 hours. Minimum odds are +200, and this is also not applicable for live bets.
- Starting Five – Get 20% up to $100 of your 5-leg NCAA parlay back if one leg loses. This deal is valid for the first qualifying 5-leg parlay bet placed, and a minimum $5 wager is required.
- Weekend Caddy – For those looking to take a long-shot, bet $10 on any golfer to win a PGA Tour event, get 50% of your bet back up to $100 if they don’t make the cut. This promo is valid for the first qualifying bet placed on a PGA tournament winner outright, again only applying to non-live bets, just singles.
- Make the Cut – Bet $50 on any single golf event for Thursday action, with a minimum $50 wager, to receive $10 in free bets for the following weekend.
How to Download the MaximBet Sportsbook App
The MaximBet app is available on Apple and Android devices. You’ll need to register via the site first. New users can either visit the MaximBet website or search the MaximBet mobile app in the iTunes app store to download. What has always been a simple process for iPhone users still takes a few extra steps for Android mobile app users, despite Google Play updating its sports betting policy as of March 1st to allow mobile betting apps. Android users will need to visit the MaximBet website directly.
MaximBet iOS App
You can download the MaximBet sportsbook app from the app store or go directly to the MaximBet website.
- Search MaximBet sports betting
- Click get
- Double click to confirm
- Let the app install
- Open the MaximBet app
MaximBet Android App
Not yet on Google Play, MaximBet Android app users will need to download the MaximBet app directly from maximbet.com.
- Visit the MaximBet website
- Scroll down/select Download Now for Android
- Go to your downloads and select the file MaximBet.apk
- When prompted, tap settings and check the “Unknown Sources” box
- Return to your apk download and click install
You’ll need to meet a few general requirements to download and enjoy the MaximBet app features. Expect a geolocation check before being able to register and any time you attempt to log in. Bettors must be located in Colorado and be 21 years of age to use the iOS and Android mobile apps. The app requires an iOS 12.0 or later, while any Android device less than ten years old will do the trick. The more up to date your device’s software, the smoother your mobile betting experience will be.
If the MaximBet Android app is added on Google Play, we will tell you on this page dedicated to mobileusbetting. For now, you still need to get the apk directly from the mobile site.
MaximBet App Features
More options give bettors more chances to win. MaximBet has all the standard offerings (moneyline/point spreads/totals) and more to compete with other online sportsbooks. A similar layout as well. For those looking to make a memorable bank on unforgettable moments, MaximBet is committed to offering the best odds and more ways to play them, including prop bets, odds boosts, in-play betting, and fun futures. Bettors can also cash out early with the betting app. With the legalities and the main info out of the way, let’s get down to business next. The following parts will help you navigate all MaximBet features, from signing up to placing your first bet, and more.
MaximBet App Registration Process
After being successfully geolocated, it’s a secure and straightforward sign-up process. If new, you’ll need to create a profile which shouldn’t take over two minutes. If you already have a MaximBet account, there is no need to make a new one for the MaximBet app. Once you begin the ID verification portion, you will only have a few minutes to complete that process before being kicked back to the start. The MaximBet deposit bonus and bet insurance will automatically apply on your first deposit and wager. No MaximBet promo codes are necessary, so all you need to do is land on the betting site through our page links.
Things you’ll need to sign-up on the app or site, include:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Valid email address
- Phone number
- Social security last four digits
- Username and password
- Photo ID (front/back)
- Ability to take a selfie (photo of your face)
- Click join
- Will be prompted to enter email, password, first/last name, date of birth, final four of SSN, address, and phone number (may have to manually enter the address if everything else is filled out but allow you to click)
- Accept terms and conditions
- On the next page, click Verify ID
- Click start (once you begin, you will only have a few minutes to complete the process before being kicked back to the start)
- Select type of ID
- Choose method
- Click upload or start
- Repeat for backside
- Take/post a selfie
It may take a few minutes for MaximBet to confirm the information on your identification. Once verified, your account is then activated, and you will be redirected to the homepage, where you’ll be able to deposit and start playing.
Betting options at MaximBet App
The easiest way to find currently available wagers at MaximBet is the sports icons located towards the top of the page, just below the search bar stretching across the top (click on to access). They do change based on the days’ offerings.
- Popular Bets – You will find moneyline, point spread, and over/under wagers along with parlays and round robins on both the MaximBet app and website. For professional leagues like the NBA and NHL, MaximBet will show upcoming events on the left, with the spread, moneyline, and point totals listed on the right (you’ll also notice the futures tab). For sports leagues grouped together under one catchall, bettors may have to select from a list of options. To locate the full slate for a certain contest, click the ‘more wagers’ link under the second team listed.
- Prop Bets – While limited, the MaximBet sportsbook does feature more than a dozen daily player and game props available for games of popular professional leagues in season. The majority of which, like most sites, are on the NBA. Some of the better ones include a few different combinations of total points, rebounds and assists. MaximBet also features MLB, NCAA, and NFL futures, among other exotic For those looking to take some guesses on the NFL offseason, MaximBet has you covered with selections, including guessing the draft, projecting players’ awards/accomplishments for next season, and picking the super bowl winner.
- Cash Out – An increasingly popular addition to sports betting sites, the cash-out feature allows bettors to settle a bet before the outcome has been decided. Often used when chances are going south, bettors can also utilize the eject button to take profits. The juice is usually at its worst, but it can be an excellent way to turn gambling into gains. The amount of money you will get back is determined by the live bet odds at the time of cashing out, and this will ultimately depend upon the current likelihood of the bet winning. The amount could be more or less than the initial stake.
- Additional Betting Options – MaximBet does have in play betting, otherwise known as live betting (listed in two spots at the top, highlighted by pink circles). It will also be displayed at the top of the day’s offerings (will say LIVE in pink just above the team names). Be sure to act fast when the mood strikes. The odds are constantly changing (may be temporarily unavailable). It’s not uncommon to have them adjust a time or two before you get locked in. The number of options is often scaled back from before the start.
- Odds boosts come regularly at MaximBet sportsbook, and they can be identified by a yellow dollar sign icon, positioned just after the live betting tab and before the sports options. These tend to range from an extra 100-400 in juice. No promo code is required, but bets are capped at $25 with most odds boost promos.
- Teaser bettors have to go into each match to find sharp odds to combine in the Maxim bet slip. These wagers will be listed under handicap. Not as many options are available as some more established online betting sites, such as FanDuel and BetMGM.
Unfortunately, users cannot place same-game parlays as of now, but with MaximBet’s large and diverse set of offerings already, it should be on its way. Same-game parlays allow you to group multiple wagers from a single game together on a single bet slip. Aside from this feature, the MaximBet betting options are top of the game.
Sports Markets Available on MaximBet
MaximBet boasts about offering every sport, every event; while not entirely true, they do feature 17 different types of competition to take a chance on, including the NBA, NHL, and UFC. They even have eSports and other niche sports like darts, rugby, and table tennis. More popular sports will have more offerings. The listings by sport can be slightly confusing. Football will be labeled NFL, but it’s also where you will find all the leagues, including the NCAA. The sports available tend to change as new competitions open up or when new seasons start.
Here’s a list of some of the leagues and sports currently available to bet on with the MaximBet mobile app:
- MLB Baseball
- NBA Basketball
- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA Football
- NFL Football
- NHL Hockey
- PGA Golf
- Motor Sports
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
MaximBet Sportsbook Payment Methods
Licensed in Colorado, MaximBet recently added Visa/Mastercard to the deposit method roster, joining Plaid+, Mazooma ACH bank transfers, and Skrill as fast and reliable ways MaximBet takes funds.
Mazooma has more than a decade of experience helping bridge bank accounts. Operating in more than 120 countries, Skrill has been a digital wallet provider offering a range of online payment and money transfer services for more than 20 years. Both are great ways to fund your MaximBet sportsbook account.
Deposits should be almost instant, while withdrawals may take 1-5 days to show up. That is standard for most gambling apps. There is no limit to how much you can deposit or withdraw, and should be free to do so. We would also like to see MaximBet adding a PayPal and Venmo option among its banking methods list, but for now the following cover the available options.
Deposit & Withdrawal Options
- Mazooma ACH Bank Transfer
One of a few additions to show MaximBet is serious about being a contender; the site prominently advertises a 24/7 chat help service linked at the top and bottom of the page and the start of the drop-down menu. Users can also get in touch by email, which features the ability to request a phone call from a representative. Thanks to a robust FAQ section, help is always just a few clicks away. MaximBet legal has made it easy to digest any fine print. The MaximBet sportsbook app proudly displays reminders of responsible gaming and links for ways to get help for a possible gambling problem. So, if you have any problem with the MaximBet geolocation software, downloading the Android betting app, cashing out from MaximBet, or you need to troubleshoot MaximBet – there are ways to find help.
Final Thoughts on the MaximBet App
A newcomer to the mobile betting industry, MaximBet has a lot to like. With noticeable and continued improvements, the Carousel Group is doing the little things right to be a worthwhile option for sports bettors, both old and new. For all the reasons listed above, it’s rare to find a deep-dive MaximBet review that isn’t overwhelmingly positive.
The best way to find the right online sportsbook for you while growing your bankroll at the same time is to try them all, and the MaximBet sportsbook deserves a chance, even without a loyalty program…yet. The multiple welcome bonuses make up for it. If MaximBet leans into the interests of its subscriber base, expect it to be a real contender when it comes to football betting and UFC betting. Follow MaximBet on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for more and sign up through this page to experience this new mobile betting app.
Is MaximBet sportsbook legit?
Yes. The book is part of the Carousel Group and is licensed with Colorado Division of Gaming by CG Colorado. It legally operates in CO thanks to its land-based partnership with Johnny Nolon’s Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
What sports can you bet on with the app?
Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Darts, eSports, Football, Golf, Hockey, Motor Sports, MMA, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Snooker, Soccer, Tennis and Table Tennis.
Do you need a separate account for the MaximBet app and sportsbook?
No. Players can simply log in using the account they originally created.
Does MaximBet offer a free bet?
Yes. Half of the 2-for-1 welcome bonus is a risk-free first bet up to $500. There are additional promos offerings from time to time at the sportsbook, so you just need to keep an eye for new opportunities.
Can you bet on mobile with MaximBet?
Yes. The MaximBet sportsbook app is available for both iOS and Android. iPhone users can find the MaximBet app in the app store. Android users will need to download the app directly from maximbet.com. As a less optimized alternative, bettors may also place bets or use any of the book’s features through their mobile browser. Safari, Opera, Chrome, Mozilla, etc. are fully supported.
Which is the company behind MaximBet?
Maxim Magazine in conjunction with The Carousel Group launched MaximBet, looking to capitalize on its already massive base.
Which are the states that I can bet with the MaximBet app in?
Currently just Colorado. Coming soon to Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, Louisiana, Ohio, and Ontario. MaximBet casino additions are on their way to New Jersey, Ontario, and Pennsylvania later this year, which makes this betting app one to carefully watch.
Are there MaximBet app customer service options?
Yes. There is a 24/7 chat service and email address (with the ability to request a phone call from a representative) to resolve any issues with the MaximBet app.
Can I deposit at MaximBet with PayPal?
The MaximBet FAQ section suggests they accept PayPal deposits and allow for withdrawals through the same way. However, when we looked we did not really see it among the ways to fund our account.
How to withdraw funds from the maximBet app?
Currently, there are only a few methods to cash out from MaximBet, with Instant Bank Transfer, Skrill, and debit/credit cards pretty much rounding them all.