theScore is a sports stats and news company that is based in Canada. Many sports fans use the app to find recent sports news, breaking news, alerts, set up group messaging, betting odds, and many more. Its main goal was to help bettors make more profitable bets for a long time. However, in 2018, the company announced that it would be launching a mobile app in NJ and other legal US states.
- One of the best and straightforward mobile apps you can find
- Good list of sports and slightly above the standard odds
- Great sign-up promo and a sportsbook deposit match
- Integrated with theScore media app for more coverage
- Only available on mobile devices
- Markets are limited for now
- Live streaming of events is not available
Today, this mobile betting app is legal in Iowa, Colorado, New Jersey, and Indiana. TheScore Bet app is swift and easy to use and functions flawlessly on Android and iOS-powered devices. It also covers a range of sporting markets, including NBA, NHL, NFL, and UFC, as well as niches like the College World Series, NCAA frozen, the Ryder Cup, and the FA Cup. Overall, we were pleased with the theScore app, even though it had some downsides like the limited betting options and the unavailability of a desktop sportsbook. It outperforms competitors in several aspects too, though, with its detailed box scores, match statistics, and in-season play matchup page clearly standing out.
Nevertheless, we want you to see things for yourself and determine if this mobile app is right for you. Therefore, in this detailed review, we will be looking extensively into theScore app, how to deposit on theScore, the bonuses offered, betting markets, and many more.
theScore Sportsbook App at a Glance
|theScore Sportsbook promo code||No promo code is needed to claim theScore Bet sports app bonus|
|Welcome bonus||100% up to $1,000 + $500 Risk-Free First Bet|
|Legal States||Iowa, Colorado, New Jersey, and Indiana|
|License||New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE), Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC), Colorado Division of Gaming (CDG), Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC)|
|Land-Based Partner||Monmouth Park, Jacobs Entertainment, Ameristar Casino East Chicago, Ameristar Casino Council Bluffs|
|App Platforms||iOS (Apple App Store), Android (Google Play)|
|Requirements||21 years and above, physically present in one of the app legal states, and a $10 minimum deposit is required.|
The Score App is a leading sports app in North America that offers all the latest news, live scores, stats, upcoming games, and betting information on all the top sports leagues. This business is not new as the company was first established as Sportscope in 1994. At this point, it was a broadcast network providing services to the Canadian market. In 2007, theScore media app was introduced, and it started to provide sports news to players. However, in 2012, The Score Television Network was purchased by Rogers Communications. This was excluding theScore’s digital media assets, thus making it become an individual company.
After sports betting was made legal in New Jersey in 2018, theScore started to make a move to break into the market. Then, at the end of 2018, it announced that it would soon develop a mobile betting app in New Jersey and other areas as they become legal. theScore managed to get approval from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement on August 26th, 2019, to start mobile and online betting. It did this in collaboration with Monmouth Park Racetrack, making it one of the first providers in the US. This was after it had gone through a highly successful soft launch. During the summer of 2021, Penn National Gaming began its acquisition of the betting company, which is set to bring further additions to theScore Bet app, likely to raise it above its competitors.
Now, theScore’s mobile betting app has extended to other states, including Indiana, Colorado, and Iowa, with more states on the way. You can make wagers via its retail outlets and its mobile betting app. However, unlike many other top betting platforms like FoxBET and FanDuel, theScore Sportsbook does not have a desktop sportsbook. In addition to this, here are a few of the important things to note about this app:
- Bettors from New Jersey will be unable to access bets on college teams based in New Jersey. This is due to the law set by the NJ government.
- You can make physical deposits and cashouts at Monmouth Park, NJ.
- Informed lines, odds, and pricing from its sports news app; users can download both theScore Bet apps from iTunes, the Apple, or Play Store to stay on top of the latest trends and bet on current sports events.
- Penn National Gaming owns theScore Bet app since 2021, which could bring huge positive changes in its operations with the introduction of new features. We expect an online book, casino integration, and expansion in several other US states.
theScore Software and Mobile Sportsbook App
theScore betting app is very functional and runs seamlessly on Android and iOS devices. To find the option for your device, head to the respective store, i.e., Apple Store, if you use an iPhone smartphone or tablet. One thing we immediately noticed about this mobile app was its simplicity. Unlike many other apps that fit in too much information on the home screen resulting in a jam-packed app, theScore app does things differently. It goes with a simplistic look while still ensuring you get access to modern features.
The mobile app uses Geolocation which should not come as a surprise since most apps catering to US players do this. You will need to give the necessary permission to the app, and you will only be allowed to register/log in after verifying that you are in theScore Bet legal US states.
Speed is excellent depending on your internet connection, but having a 4G connection will ensure you get the best results. Placing a bet on theScore is very easy as all you need to do is tap on a selection, and it is instantly added to your bet slip. If you would instead build a parlay bet, hit the +ADD MORE BET, and the rest is easy. You can also drag your bet slip inside and outside the main screen seamlessly, and you should have no issues locating different types of bets. The first categories of bets you find are the standard bets, including Totals, Moneylines, Point Spreads, Teasers, Props, Parlay Bets, etc. There are also more bets tailored to the sports you decide to bet on, but you will have to tap on it to find them.
Like other popular sports betting apps, theScore bet app has a few device requirements. If you are an android user, you will need at least 23MB of space and android version 7.0 and above. This app has a 4.4 rating from more than 200 users, which is fair. On the other hand, iOS users will require 68MB of space and devices with IOS 12.0 and later. It presently has a 4.7-star rating from more than 4,000 users, which signifies that the app performs exceptionally well. It also enjoys continuous support from the developer as it is constantly updated to fix any bugs. The last update was only last month for the Android app, so you should not expect any problems with the software. But in the unlikely event, you can depend on the developer to correct them quickly.
However, there were a few things we did not like with this app. First, the range of betting markets and sports covered is limited compared to more extensive sportsbook apps like BetMGM. Also, if you minimize the app for too long, your connection may drop. This will require you to log in again to continue, and even though it can be seen as a safety feature, you can quickly become frustrated. The feeling is worse for players who have 2-factor authentication on their devices as it will require inputting data numerous times during each session.
Best theScore App Features
theScore Sportsbook has been incorporated with features that are worth noting, including:
- Live Betting: US players are privy to a live betting section that can be accessed with ease using the dashboard. It covers huge matchups across the top associations and leagues.
- Integration with theScore Media App: theScore betting app easily integrates with the theScore media app allowing you to benefit from personalized betting features. With this new FUSE feature, you can make more informed wagers for a better payout, by staying on top with constant sports news updates.
- Bet Tracking: With this feature, you will keep tabs on the progress of settled bets and live bets.
Things that Need Work
You’ll hardly find an app without a few issues, and the same can be said about theScore bet app. Here are a few areas that will require work:
- Dropped Connections: Leave the app minimized for too long, and you will need to log in again. This can become quickly frustrating, especially if you have 2-factor authentication turned on, as it will require you to input details repeatedly.
- No Poker and Casino Option: Most sportsbooks allow you to bet on casino or poker games right from the betting app. The Score app does not offer this option, which means you will have to find another app if you want to play casino games.
- Lack of Online Sportsbook: Mobile betting is the most popular way of wagering on sports in the US, but this shouldn’t disregard users preferring the convenience that comes with online books. The lack of a desktop site is a major setback for some players, despite theScore Bet mobile site and app performing outstandingly.
- Weak Initial Launch: When theScore Bet app was first introduced, it only covered basic betting types on just Soccer and North American Sports. It has come a long way since, but we would like to see a wider coverage in the future.
theScore Promo Code and Offers
The Score Sports app offers numerous promo code offers to make betting entertaining for players. These include a match deposit bonus, risk-free bet offer, odds boosts, insurance bonuses, and many more. Here’s a look at these offers in more detail. The two first offers we cover below can be claimed through two qualifying deposits at theScore Bet app – making the operator the only one offering two sportsbook welcome bonuses.
100% up to $1000 first deposit bonus
New players who register on theScore betting app are instantly eligible for a 100% up to $1,000 match deposit. This offer does not require a promo code and immediately gives players extra cash to wager on their favorite sports. Players who earn bonus funds using this offer can change it into withdrawable funds at a rate of 5% based on how they wager. For instance, if you place a $200 bet, $10 out of your bonus cash becomes real money. This means if you want to get the total of $1,000, you will have to wager $20,000.
This is relatively high considering some other sportsbooks like DraftKings don’t require this much. Here, you are offered a 20% match deposit up to $1,000, which means you will need to wager $5,000 to get the total $1,000. This is the same amount offered on theScore bet app for $20,000, and not every player will be able to wager this amount. Also, you will need to place wagers at odds of -300 or more for them to count towards your wagering requirements. Lastly, you will have 60 days to use the bonus balance by placing cash wagers. Failure to use the bonus within the specified time frame will result in it being forfeited.
Risk-free bet up to $500
This is the second bonus you are eligible for as a new player when registering on this sportsbook. Once you make your initial deposit and get your deposit match bonus, you will be eligible for a risk-free bet. The bet can be used on any match on odds of +300 or more, and if you lose, you get refunded up to $500. The risk-free bet comes with a 1x wagering requirement and remains in your account for seven days before it expires. If you don’t use it within this time, you will forfeit the bonus. Counting the risk-free bet and the 100% sportsbook bonus, new theScore Bet players are eligible for a free bet worth up to $1,500.
In addition to the sign-up offer for new players on theScore app, existing players can benefit from a range of other promotions, which tend to change periodically, including:
- NFL First Goalscorer Insurance: Wager on who will score the first goal on any NHL game and get insurance of up to $25 in free bet. This is immediately triggered if your bet is not a winner.
- NBA 4th Quarter Insurance: Wager on a pre-game money line on any game in the NBA in its opening week. If the team you back is in the lead when the 3rd quarter is over but fails to win the game, you get insured in free bets up to $100.
- NFL Parlay Win and Get: Place a wager on any NFL parlay consisting of 5 legs and more and get a 100% match-up bonus up to $100.
- MLB 6th Inning Lead Insurance: Wager on a pre-game moneyline on specified MLB games, and if your backed team is in the lead when the 6th inning ends but does not win the game, you get insured up to $100.
- NFL First Touchdown Scorer Win & Get: Place a bet on who will score the first touchdown on any game in the NFL, and get a free bet of up to $25.
- NFL GameDay Odds Boosts: During all the games in the NFL season, theScore will offer boosted odds on various markets. This will give you a chance to earn more profit from your wagers.
- VIP Program: The theScore sportsbook has a VIP program, but it is by invite only. If you want to find out more about what it entails, you can reach out to the team at email@example.com.
As far as theScore Bet app promos for existing players go, they are clearly setting the book as one of the best NFL betting apps in the US. Hardly any NBA betting app or MLB mobile sportsbook offers better odds boosts either.
How to Download the theScore Sportsbook App
The experts behind theScore betting app have ensured that it is easy for anyone to download it and start betting. Both iOS and Android devices have similar apps, so you don’t have to worry about missing out regardless of your choice. Below, we have covered how to download the app on your device without issues.
Remember that the same company has a separate app for its news app. Still today, it will come up first on both smartphone stores, if you decide to download the app directly from there. Therefore, we suggest doing so from the site following the below steps, to avoid any inconvenience.
theScore iOS App
If you decide to download theScore on your iOS device, you need 68MB of space and an IOS version of 12.0 and above. This should not be a problem since most devices will already be higher than this version. Once this is settled, all that’s left is to follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Find your way to the theScore website at https://thescore.bet
- Step 2: Click on the Download on the App Store option. Doing this will take you directly to the theScore app on App Store
- Step 3: Click on the “Get” button
- Step 4: Confirm the installation and wait till it’s done
- Step 5: Go to your home screen and click on the app
This app has a 4.7-star rating from over 4,000 users, which means many people are satisfied. We believe you should have no problem using this app to wager on your favorite games.
theScore Android App
Android users who want to download the theScore app on their devices will require no less than 23MB of space, alongside an android version 7.0 or later. If these are available, you can proceed using the steps below.
- Step 1: Head to the theScore sportsbook website at https://thescore.bet
- Step 2: Select the “Get on Google Play” option. You will be instantly directed to an app on the Google Play Store
- Step 3: Click on the “Download” button
- Step 4: Confirm the download and hold on till it is complete
- Step 5: Head to your home screen and click on the app to open
- Unlike the IOS app, the theScore android app only has reviews from 200+ users but still has a 4.4 rating. We believe you won’t have any issues using this App.
If you cannot download the app from the Google Playstore for some reason, you can download the APK file from theScore’s mobile website. Installing this will require you to allow installations from “unknown sources.” Don’t be worried about your safety, as this software is appropriately regulated to ensure you are safe.
The Score App can only be used by players 21 years of age and above. They also have to be physically present in Iowa, Colorado, New Jersey, and Indiana since it is legal. Players who want to install this app on iOS devices must ensure they are on IOS 12.0 or above, while Android users need Android 7.0 or above. Note that the app will first determine your location before signing up or registering; there is no need for separate installation of geolocation software to do so, since it is automatically confirmed through your cell’s settings.
News and Sports App Integration
Most players using theScore Bet app do so because of their trust and past experience in the company’s news app. Indifferently, there is room for integration of the two apps to improve your chances of scoring a win. By downloading the news app, you can find statistics, injuries, cross-wagering opportunities, and more. theScore Bet app also provides some of these details directly, but if you are a professional bettor you are better off installing both apps and getting the most out of The Score.
theScore App Registration Process
Registering on theScore Bet app is not difficult as you can do this simply by tapping a button. You will need to have a valid ID card handy before you begin and note that you will have to verify your location first before installation. If you are not in any of the legal states, you may be unable to use the theScore bet app.
If these have been made available, follow the steps to register on the platform.
- Find your way to the theScore website at https://thescore.bet and download the app. Suppose you have already done this; open the app.
- Hit the “Sign up” button directly above the login button on the screen
- You will be prompted to confirm that you are physically present in one of the legal states. Once you accept this, you will be reminded to get your state-issued ID and the last four digits of your SSN handy. Click on the “Get Started” button to proceed past this point.
- Next, input your email address, password, and other personal information. You will also be required to input the last four digits of your SSN and pick your preferred security questions. Once you are done, submit.
- At this point, you will receive a confirmation code/link in your email. Either enter the code or click on the link to verify your email address.
- Finally, sign in to your account and start the verification process. This will require you to scan both sides of your ID card and take a selfie. The camera automatically opens at this point and moves to the front camera to enable you to take a selfie with ease.
- Once your information has been verified, you can now make a deposit and start to bet on your favorite teams.
If you only want to check out the odds available on the platform without making a real money wager, you must still follow the steps above. We found this really frustrating since most sportsbooks will let you check out the odds and navigate the platform without these steps. But this is not the case with theScore app. Nevertheless, the registration process is easy, and you can rest easy knowing your details are safe when you sign up here.
How to Bet with theScore App
When it comes to making bets on theScore app, you have tons of options at your disposal. The options available on a platform are vital since they determine your reach regarding wagers. Fortunately, theScore has both simple and advanced betting options that are ideal for different types of players. You will undoubtedly be pleased with the available selections. Some of the betting options you can find on theScore include the common ones like:
- Point spreads
- Round Robins
The juice on theScore is the standard you will find on most markets, with most of the spread on popular sports falling at -110. This is fair since some sportsbooks tend to have -120 as the standard juice, which means you spend more. In terms of odds, we would expect better deals considering its vast experience in sports statistics and news, but they are fairly standard.
In addition to the above, here is a look at some of the most common categories available in this sportsbook.
You can easily find the popular sports on the homepage of the theScore Sportsbook app. They are appropriately categorized, and you can easily spot them by clicking on a specific sports event since each one has extensive betting markets. So, if you click on the NFL, for instance, you will find various bet types, including moneylines, props, futures, totals, etc. The Score app takes things forward by providing additional information like a record of each team and other vital stats to help pick your bets.
Like other popular sportsbooks, prop bets are available on the theScore app. These are bets that have nothing to do with the game’s outcome. You can make prop bets on player steals, assists, and a range of others. On this app, props are available on NFL, NBA, English Premier League Soccer, etc. Unfortunately, other books, like Caesars and Tipico, are more inventive in their proposition betting options compared to theScore Bet.
The theScore bet app is one of the best cash out apps you can find in the US. It gives you the option of cashing out before the end of the game. This is an excellent option for players who don’t feel the team they backed will win even if they are currently on the lead. With this feature, you can avoid losses and cash out before the game ends. However, the juice in cashouts is usually worse as the sportsbook keeps a more significant cut. To find the cash out option on the theScore app, head to the “My Bets” page. Here, you will find all your open bets along with live scores with a blue cash out button. Click on this button to continue with the cash-out and hit confirm to complete.
Additional Betting Options
In addition to the common bets we have explained above, there are still more betting options on the theScore betting app, including:
- Live Bet: theScore performs excellently well by providing a live betting feature. You can easily access this feature on the dashboard, and it covers many of the top matchups in major associations and leagues. It is also referred to as in-game betting and offers more excitement and fun. For instance, you can bet on a Fifa world cup or MLB baseball match after it has started. The odds are updated as the game progresses, allowing you to wager and alter your bets accordingly. Works is the supplier of live scoring updates and opportunities for this app, and granted its huge experience with its news app – we had no doubt that it would perform greatly in this regard.
- Teasers: This type of parlay bet lets you combine two or more individual wagers. However, unlike what you find on the typical parlay betting app, you can alter your spreads or totals for an improved winning chance. This comes at the cost of less favorable odds instead of placing a standard parlay.
Other betting options available include:
- Round Robins
- Same Game Parlays
- First Half & Second Half Bets
- Alternate Pregame Lines
- Exotic Bets
theScore Mobile App Live Streaming
Unfortunately, the theScore mobile sports betting site does not offer live streaming services. This is a major drawback as it is a feature provided on top sportsbooks like FanDuel and DraftKings. If you enjoy watching a league cup match or other matches while you bet, then you may need to find another option. Fortunately, the live stats provided by the platform does well in keeping you up to speed. And since the theScore bet app is integrated with the sports news app, you will be able to keep tabs on scores and news of every major league and event. However, we hope that the theScore mobile US betting app will later incorporate this service into its offerings. We will be sure to update you if anything changes in this aspect.
At a bare minimum, the app should introduce a digital representation of what’s happening in the ongoing events and matches, including possession, summaries of event happenings, and court movements in real time.
Sports Markets Available on theScore
TheScore bet sportsbook covers various sports events that will keep anyone occupied. This is the case regardless of if you want a UFC betting app or a Football betting app. But if you want a more detailed list of markets, this may not be the right choice. Still, it does a great job covering the major sports, including:
- Football e.g. NFL Football, NCAA football
- Soccer which covers many leagues including Premier League Soccer, Champions League Soccer, UEFA European Championships, La Liga Soccer, Europa League, etc.
- Motorsports eg, Auto Racing
- Basketball, including NBA basketball, NCAA basketball
- Hockey e.g World junior hockey championship, NHL Hockey,
- Golf including PGA Golf
Each of these markets can easily be accessed by clicking on the preferred option placed at the very top of the betting app or website. As regards betting odds, theScore bet app does not stand out as it properly aligns with the market. This means you are likely to get the same odds on this sportsbook as you would other popular operators. As we mentioned earlier, this sportsbook is not as detailed as many others, so you won’t find unique markets like politics to wager on. Still, considering its very limited coverage when it first launched its NJ betting app, there is massive improvement.
theScore Sportsbook Payment Methods
theScore bet sportsbook offers a limited but functional number of payment options for players in the licensed states. To access the available options, head to your “Wallet,” which you can find in the section tagged “My Account.”
Making a deposit is critical to claiming the welcome offer, so you need to understand all available options. However, note that the options may depend on the state you are located in. For all states, deposit is pegged at a minimum of $10 and is instant. On the other hand, withdrawals may require 48 hours or more to process, depending on the option you choose. You can also only withdraw a minimum of $10.
- Credit/Debit Cards – Mastercard, Visa
- Cash at Cage – Monmouth Park Racetrack and Casino (Only for New Jersey Players)
- Online Bank Transfers
- Online Bank Transfers
- Play+ prepaid card
- Cash at Cage – Monmouth Park Racetrack and Casino (Only for New Jersey Players)
If you are a high roller, you may want to note that deposits of over $2,500 will require you to first upload and verify your ID. This can be stressful considering the amount is not so large, but it is a safety check placed by the platform. However, regardless of the amount you want to withdraw, you will still need to do this too. Also, note that withdrawals over $600 are taxed, which is normal in the US. Bookmark our gambling tax calculator to know what you own based on your sports betting victories.
Sometimes, you may have troubles with theScore bet app, which may require troubleshooting. Other times, you may have issues with deposits or geolocation. Regardless of the problem you are dealing with, theScore Bet customer support team can help you out.
Your first option is to use the FAQs, which you can access by clicking on the “Help” button while logged in. Here, you will find extensive information regarding account security, a quick start guide, how to deposit money, and many more. If you would rather speak to a support specialist, hit the “Contact Support” button, and you will have the following options:
- 24/7 Live Chat: This will link you directly with a support specialist that you can chat with and get fast results.
- Email: You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get help within 24 hours.
- Phone: If you prefer speaking with support staff, call (855) 916-0077.
Player Reviews about theScore App
We have reviewed various leading platforms to see what sports fans talking about this app have to say. One of the places we checked was Reddit. As you know, lots of sports bettors love to share their knowledge on the platform, including new promo codes. Like many other sportsbooks, there are a few threads you can check that speak about this app. Most of them were fairly positive, but we could not find any theScore Reddit promo code. Nonetheless, we will update you if we do find one.
On the Apple Store, we found positive reviews with users praising the app’s interface, customer support, and odds advantage. However, there were complaints too, including the app struggling to determine location and difficulties with withdrawing money. This mostly involves the lengthy verification process, which has been deemed frustrating. Overall, it has managed to rack up a 4.7 rating from more than 4,000 users, so we guess it’s still great.
On the Google App store, theScore bet app has a 4.4 rating with mixed reactions from 200+ users. Most people praised the ease of use and sleek app, but there were complaints about the promos on the apps. According to users, they were not at par with other leading sportsbooks although we disagree, since $1,500 is a pretty fair amount.
Final Thoughts on theScore App
Overall, theScore app performed excellently with a sleek design, good welcome bonus, unique statistics and quick updates, and betting options among others. However, the markets covered are not as extensive as we would love, and the geolocation issues can be frustrating. Nonetheless, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, and we recommend you sign up on theScore using our link to see for yourself. With its alignment with Penn National Gaming, there are sure more exciting things to come too.
Is theScore sportsbook app legit?
Yes, theScore sportsbook app is legit and properly licensed in Iowa, Colorado, New Jersey, and Indiana. It also has over 4,000 reviews on both Apple and Google Play combined, which is enough evidence.
What theScore sports can you bet on with the app?
You can bet on a range of sports, including NFL, Baseball, Boxing, Motor Sports, College Sports, Tennis, etc.
Do you need a separate account for the theScore app and sportsbook?
The theScore app does not have a desktop sportsbook, so you need only one account. This account can also be used to access theScore media app.
Does theScore offer a free bet?
Yes, you get a risk-free bet up to $500 as a new player when you register on theScore, on top of a huge sportsbook deposit bonus.
Can you bet on mobile with theScore?
Yes, you can only bet on theScore using your iOS and Android-powered devices.
Which is the company behind theScore?
The company behind theScore is The Score Media Ventures Inc, situated on King St. W. In Toronto.
Which are the states that I can bet with the theScore app in?
You can wager on theScore if you are in Iowa, Colorado, New Jersey, and Indiana. It also has plans to launch later in Maryland, North Carolina, Louisiana, and South Dakota.
Are there theScore app customer service options?
Yes, theScore offers 24/7 live chat, email, and telephone options to get help. There is also an extensive FAQs page.
Can I deposit at theScore with PayPal?
Yes, theScore allows you to make deposits using PayPal. Deposits with this option are instant and start at $10 minimum.
How to withdraw funds from the theScore app?
Head to the “Wallet” section and choose withdrawal. Input your withdrawal amount and upload your ID. Processing takes 48 hours or more, depending on the option.